Turkey (I Miss You)

by - 11:33 AM


During my trip in 2017, I and my family got into a day roadtrip all around Turkey before we went to the Makkah, visiting three places in Istanbul. I can say after the first visit that Istanbul easily has become one of my most favorite destinations in the whole world. It’s home of breathtaking architecture, delicious food, beautiful art and some of the warmest people I’ve ever met on my travels.

I loved the city so much that I want to visited it again. The city look just as beautiful at any time of the year.

Actually, I didn't takes much photos. But, Here are a few great places to visit for sightseeing and shopping for Istanbul’s first timers:


Standing tall with its cascading domes and six minarets next to Hagia Sophia is the Sultan Ahmed Mosque / Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Turkish: Sultan Ahmet Camii), or famously known as the Blue Mosque. In the 17th century, The Great Sultan Ahmed wished to build an Islamic place of worship that would be even better than the Hagia Sophia, hence the building was later named after him.








Bosphorus Ferry Cruise. A touristic yet a highly must do activity. During the 1,5 hours ferry ride, you’ll feast your eyes on the lovely views from the Asia side to Europe and also pass the bridges that link both sides. I recommend doing this on your last day in Istanbul as chilling on the deck of the cruise would be the perfect final for your trip.


In the midst of a cool breeze, when the blue clouds and seawater blended in a blue color, you will see a modern but ancient Istanbul that appeals every travelers’ souls.

I left Istanbul in a rainy afternoon, I feel one day trip for Istanbul is still very short and not enough for me to experience more about that distinct city. I will come back for sure to spend more time here. A ferry from Kadıköy back to Eminönu, I saw Hagia Sofia covered with a twinkle of glittering golden star, such a brilliant scenery that I will not forget. Let go to Istanbul at least once in your life!

You May Also Like

0 comment